Friday, December 12, 2008

Adventure Race

Dave Parker and Jeff Peterson in our ward set up an adventure race. Everybody choose one other person to be on their team and then they had to run/bike around Golden Gate Park to certain destinations in a certain amount of time. Whichever team made it to the most destinations within the allotted time, won.


Jon and Mark were teammates. We all had to be there really early on Saturday....it was freezing! Everybody got maps and had a few minutes to decide which route they were going to take. The first part of the race was running. Then they had to meet back where they started and get their bikes.



Jim Tilton........Dave Parker (I think).....Jon and Mark ....running back to get their bikes after running for an hour.



They looked at their bike route for a few seconds and then were off again.



They looked so tired and still had another hour left to go!



Yipeee they made it. They made it back with one minute literally to spare. I can't remember but it was like every minute you were over the hour you got a penalty.



Like I said it was freezing. Lisa (Mark's wife )and I tried to keep warm while we were waiting for our men to get back.



Jon and Mark won!!!! Here they are with their "goo" medals. Jon already ate his.



Here is the whole group that did the race.



I think Mark almost died after the race......Somehow Jon always gets a muddy face when he is on his bike. How cute Jon was sharing his camel back water with mark.




Mmmmmmm...I love hugging a sweaty Jon.

4 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

you should have let me proofread... :) it was geoff benton and david peterson who put it together. :)

thanks for taking so many pictures! i'll have to get these from you someday. you're the bomb.

Diana and Jon said...

Oops. I an so bad with names. I actually got all my info from Jon. So it's really his fault.

Susie said...

You guys are all so creative when it comes to fun things to do. Can you help us think of something fun to do for Christmas vacation that would be creative and fun????

Susie said...

By the way, there is snow here!