Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas

So it is the Christmas season and I was having a really hard time getting into the spirit. So the other night Jon helped me set up our nativity set that we got from Jerusalem. I also put up all the random decorations we had to make it feel more cheery and Christmasy.



Ornaments in a dish since we don't have a tree.



I guess I sort of treated our TV like a Christmas tree. So....its our Christmas TV. The cutout in the middle my mom made for us....I can't remember which Christmas, but I love it. It is so intricate. the picture on the right are ornaments that are nostalgic to me of my childhood.



Last year I made Jon dental ornaments. Floss, toothbrush,.....and yes toothpaste. The toothpaste one is kind of gross, but I still like it. I just remember spending hours and hours doing this project, so I wanted to put them up for at least one more year.



I even kind of hung up our stockings....even though Santa will need to follow us to Utah.



Our ward had a Christmas part and Santa came. All the kids gathered around. It was really fun and nice to be with the whole ward.....singing Christmas songs and eating food.


4 comments:

Susie said...

I am so glad you decorated. I have been feeling bad that I haven't sent you any Christmas package but the things you put up make it cheery. Also I am amazed that you kept and found that nativity thing cut-out thing I made for you last year.

You will probably always remember this first Christmas in San Francisco and tell your future kids how you didn't even have a Christmas tree and they will be amazed!

Amy said...

I love that cut out your mom made you that is amazing, I want to know how she did it. Also, seriously those ornaments you made are so adorable! I love it! I hear you on the Christmas cheer thing, I have very little to go around. We haven't even done any shopping yet, we had kind of a rough thanksgiving week so it kind of set the mood for this holiday. But things are starting to get better. Anyway, you are coming to Utah? You will probably be so busy with your families, but you should stop by and say hi. Love you and travel safe when you come!

Adrie said...

I remeber when you made those ornaments, you are so creative! I am surprised the tooth paste one isn't moldy yet, does it even go moldy? I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!!!

Emily said...

I like the tooth paste one. It looks cool. I actually like the ornaments on the plate . . . very creative. I hope you have fun in Utah and have a Merry Christmas!!