For Thanksgiving Jon and I went to Sonoma to Bekah Paredes parent's house who are currrently in Hawaii. So basically we had the whole house to ourselves! We spent the weekend with some of our great friends Bekah and Kyle Paredes, Anisha and Ben Ellsworth, and Bekah and Grayson Palmer



Sonoma/Napa was sooooo beautiful! I was driving and couldn't help myself from sticking the camera out the window and taking some random shots (without taking my eyes off the road, don't worry!). Look how gorgeous and green it is with all the grapevines! I love it here!

Sonoma/Napa was sooooo beautiful! I was driving and couldn't help myself from sticking the camera out the window and taking some random shots (without taking my eyes off the road, don't worry!). Look how gorgeous and green it is with all the grapevines! I love it here!
It actually really felt like fall because the grapevine leaves were changing color. Well...I guess it is winter. I can't tell because I always used to rely on the snow.

I woke up early on Thurdsay becuase I could hear Kyle wrestling with the turkey. He was having a hard time getting the wire off the legs? I have no idea. I haven't ever seen I turkey that wasn't already cooked. So then Jon got in there and they were both able to finally get the legs loose.
I woke up early on Thurdsay becuase I could hear Kyle wrestling with the turkey. He was having a hard time getting the wire off the legs? I have no idea. I haven't ever seen I turkey that wasn't already cooked. So then Jon got in there and they were both able to finally get the legs loose.
Bekah and Anisha...Jon...Bekah, me, and Anisha
Here we all are preparing for our scrumptious thanksgiving meal. This is the first time I have had thanskgiving without family!
In the middle..Jon is making the mashed potatoes. He made a whole bag!
I made the best fruit salad....it was deliciouse of course.
It was so fun because Bekah and Kyle set the table all fancy-smanshy like. It felt so festive! Once the meal started, it was crazy. There was nothing civilized about it. People were passing plates all over the place....over people and under. I can't believe nobody ever dropped any food!
I took a picture of the fruit salad because I made it. Anisha made the sweet potatoes with marshmallows (I think that was my favorite part of the meal! Good job Anisha.) and the delicious pies....because they were so delicious and I want to remember them forever!
Jon and Grayson dug the wishbone and tried, unsuccessfully to break it. Little did they know that it is very bendy before it is dried out. No breaking that!
Later that night Bekah and Kyle worked the wishbone and Kyle was the lucky/skilled one.
There was a whole lot of playing on the Wii this vacation. It was really fun. Anisha, Me, and Jon playing/trying to play Mariocart. I don't like that game because I am always falling off of things. Then it went to guitar hero with Bekah and Grayson. Then at some point Anisha and Bekah sang karaoke...High School Musical....I'll just leave it at that.
When Anisha first started playing guitar hero, it was a joint effort where I would strum and she would hit the buttons......and then.......by the end of thanksgiving vacation she was rocking out on her own.
Paying Wii makes me really tired.
We went on a walk around Sonoma. It is so peaceful.....nothing like SF.
Jon playing with the dogs. Riley and Pukah. Riley is Beka and Kyle's dog and Pukah is Bekah's parents dog.
3 comments:
I also love it in Sonoma. I am glad I got to see your thanksgiving dinner. I don't know if dad took any pictures of ours at Tim's. I know I didn't. Good job on the beautiful meal to everyone.
Best Thanksgiving ever!! I'm so glad you and Jon came up. It truly was an amazing weekend:-)
It looks beautiful there.
And if you need snow to know it's winter, it's not yet winter in Utah either. This has been a crazy season. If I could afford and had time to go snowboarding, I'd be really bummed.
Post a Comment