
I know this post is like five days late...but better late than never! This is the first time I have ever #1. almost forgotten my birthday #2. forgotten how old I was turning #3. felt old. I know that 25 is not even close to being old, but I had to feel out some paper work for my insurance and I was in the second bracket... you know how they have the first bracket that says 18-24, then 25-31, etc...That is the first time in my life I haven't gotten to check the first bracket!
Then the other day Jon and I were shopping in Union Square and I made a comment to him about how there are some seriously ugly styles comming back. He said that we are getting to the point in our lives where our fashion has stopped progressing and now we're becoming those people that mock the ugly style of the youngerds and don't really change our style anymore. I was thinking about that the other day, driving home from work, and realized that I don't want my style to stay stagnant and be one of those old moms that has no idea what is "in" or not. I am determined to go out of my comfort zone and have some fun! .....Then I started wondering if I was at an age where I should start dressing more "mature" and bla bla bla. Because on the other hand I don't want to be an old fart trying to act young.
I don't really think that i'm really old or anything, but this is the first time where I have not really felt like a kid anymore....even though I may still act like one.
As for the picture...Jon suprised me for my birthday with an orchid. He said that he knows how I like to keep my flowers as long as possible, so he got this for me because it can last up to months.....without watering it or caring for it much....which he mentioned because I really stink at taking care of our plants. It really is so beautiful though...it almost looks fake...that's how perfect it is. Thanks Jon. I love you!
Happy Birthday to Me!
Oh yeah and thanks everybody for coming over and playing games and bringing delicious treats!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Diana, hope it is/was a great birthday.
Your post is right in line with what I've been thinking recently. When I'm at the mall feel weird and out of place in some of the stores I used to shop in. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm getting into that stagnant stage. I just keep trying to convince myself that I'm the coolest. I'm in Utah this week and it was sad to not have you guys around, but I'm jealous that you live in my favorite city!
Happy birthday to you! I wanted to do a birthday post but then forgot and then felt like it was too late, but maybe I'll still do one now since yours is late anyway :).
I totally know what you mean about feeling old. I remember looking at this picture of me and I was so different BUT still an adult and that I was old enough to have gone through different stages of adulthood.
On the fashion thing, I think there are ways to be edgy or whatever without trying to look like a teen. Not that you at all need to worry about that at this point. Have fun! You always look cute.
Happy berfdee!
Post a Comment