Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween

Pre- Halloween our friends the Couch's put together a fun night of pumpkin carving and delicious food eating. Jon and I went to the pumpkin patch by our house on 7th and picked one out before we headed over to Jason and Kristine's place.

This pumpkin patch place had the coolest atmosphere...and really neat pumpkins!

This is little Ben Couch...cutest pj's ever! Jon is so jealous of them...we looked hard but couldn't find any Jon's size.


This is the group of carvers: Rischel and Jon, Jason, Brady, Taija, me, and Jon....Kristine is taking the Pic....thanks Kristine.

Ben's Halloween costume. We got a sneak preview since they were going to Sacramento to celebrate with family.

I think this is the best carved pumpkin Jon has ever done....I was totally amazed!

This is Jon's...evil pumpkin peeking through the blinds.

I think the mummy was Jason's and the Boo! was Taija's.

These are seriously the best pumpkins I have ever seen!

Kind of creepy though.

Halloween
This Halloween was almost a flop. People are way more into dressing up here than in Utah. Jon and I kept on talking about how we wanted to have better costumes than last year, (Jon was white trash, utilizing an actual trash bag, and I was a mummy in toilet paper) unfortunately we procrastinated until the last minute and tried to go to Party City to buy a costume...the line was wrapped around inside the store and outside down the street. We stayed in line for about 15 minutes and realized it totally wasn't worth it. We went home very sad...but started brain storming...and thought up some costumes that were way better than store bought ones...that's a cop out really.


Jon suggested I be a robot...what a super idea! I spent the next day at Home Depot buying dryer vents and spray paint...I was surprised how quickly I was able to put it all together. This is the final product.



Jon was a biker that crashed. Pretty good make up right? I'm proud of my work. So the bone sticking out of his arm took me standing in line for 40 min at Party City....it was defiantly worth it though.

This picture is kind of bad, but this is the line I waited in...it went all through the isles and wrapped around...ridiculous. What a wonderful wife I am.


I wish I had pictures of everyone, but here's the ones I do have: Brooke, Bekah



Taija and Brady


Kristy, Patrick in the back, and Kyle



Ben and Anisha



Rachel and Woods



The only part of me that was visible.

Here's some video of me getting in and out of my robot costume...it's was quite a production. The sound on the fist video is messed up, but you get the idea.

2 comments:

Amy said...

What great costumes! I love it! That is how park city was, even the dogs were dressed up in elaborate costumes! I saw a guy and his wife that were a plug and an outlet, it made me uncomfortable kinda...

Susie said...

Wonderful costumes. The bone sticking out is so gross. I can tell you are a nurse. Keep having fun you guys!