It is so hard living away from family sometimes....especially when every time I come I have to become reacquainted with Zoe. But all I really have to do is show her "nay nays" on my phone and then we are friends again. I love how she called me Aunt D.

Jon and I are so lucky when it comes to splitting Christmas with the families. The Brownings celebrate/open presents on Christmas Eve...for the most part. While my family does the whole Christmas morning thing. So Christmas Eve with the Brownings (and occasionally the Quebbeman-Turley family will join us). And sleep over at the Q.Ts for Christmas morning.
Elle was so into the tissue paper from the presents. I don't think she even noticed what was inside them. (Elle is Jon's sister's daughter...confusing?)
Christmas morning with the QTs. Zoe was the gift distributer. It's always more fun when a little kid is doing it.

To define my mother in one brief story. My mom was opening a present dad had given her. She was very excited and was opening it quickly. The wrapping was being stubborn and was hard to rip off, but she did it very forcefully...so no problem....except for the fact that she also ripped off the front cover of the book, which was her present. (One of the many ways I am like my mother...I think Jon is finally understanding where I get it from.)
I guess dad has always been into puzzles...I had never really tried until this vacation. SO addicting! We stayed up almost all night on Christmas Eve doing this puzzle....which was mostly of clouds and dirt, so it was kind of difficult.
You may see a common theme throughout some of this pictures. Hint: it involved Ginger our cat.
Jon is modeling the "scowl" I knitted him. I can't remember what name we decided to call it, but it's in between a cowl and a scarf, so.....
Do you notice the common theme yet? If you haven't guessed, it's that Ginger LOVES being part of the family. He wanted to be on my lap the whole time I was putting the puzzle together, tries to sit in the chair like a human while we are eating dinner, and of course lays right on top of our cards!

The story behind this picture is: My parents came over to Betsy's (Jon's sister) house to play some new games with us. During the game Betsy was fixing a bracelet of mine and had the super glue out. Somehow Janie got a hold of the glue. She got it all over her hands and on her lip. Janie HATES having dirty hands, therefore was very upset. She sat in my lap while I tried to pick all the glue off. At one point I looked down and she was dead asleep! I guess that's what happens when you have three older brothers that run you around all day.
4 comments:
It was good to see you when you were here the first time. I was out in SF last week and was going to give you guys a call but my job went way over on time so I ended up not being able to. Next time!
Great post D! Hope you guys are having fun.
I love doing puzzles when i was pregnant with no job i think i did around 10 they are super addicting!
Miss you D!!
I don't love puzzles but I DO love monopoly deal. Thanks for introducing that game to us. Kory and I play it almost every single sunday :) We played it with both are families, and they were totally not as fun as playing with you guys. I am wondering how you are. Give me a ring sometime when you want to chat
Post a Comment