We went with some friends camping at the Steep Ravine. It is north of San Francisco across the Golden Gate Bridge near Stinson Beach. Anyway it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I think it is my favorite camping spot right now.....besides the fact that I threw up on the car ride there because of all the windy roads.
The view from our tents.
The cool thing was that we actually arrived when it was dark the night before. So we woke up to the beautiful surprise of our surroundings.....and to the beautiful breakfast burritos that Jon and Jon made.
Me and Rischel trying to keep warm by the stove.
These cabins that are next to the campsites looked super familiar. It turns out that they are the cabins I stayed in as a child. I think its weird that we happened to stumble upon the same place I stayed in as a kid.
This awesome rock was in our campsite it was really fun to climb up there and see the view.
This was another super rock we climbed up that had grass on top of it. We sat there for a while and looked out at the ocean.
...and meditated a bit.
Man, you really got to watch out for those newts.
Rischel let me sit in the front on the way home so I wouldn't barf again....such a nice friend.
This was on the way home we stopped by this cool look out. I loved this trip because we were out of the city in 30 min and into nature...that felt like miles away from anything.
1 comment:
Yep-Steep Ravine is definitely the place Lynda, Dawn and me and all of our kids including you went camping. I remember though that the cabins had bunks that were just a piece of plywood to lay on and I don't think I brought a pad so I was mighty uncomfortable the night we stayed there. You and Rachel and Kip and Scott and Kathryne and Danielle all played on the beach the next day. It was so fun.. Am glad you rediscovered it! Beautiful flowers-Gorgeous pictures.
Post a Comment