Monday, May 24, 2010

Flying High

A few weeks ago we finally flew kites on the beach. I've been wanting to do this ever since we've moved here. I have memories as a little girl flying kites with my Dad in the Bay Area.
Jon had picked us up some kites for a dollar to fly. They were challenging to get up in the air, but with some slight alterations they were flying high.
Our friends decided to try to make their own kite. It was quite the process. they made it out of paper and wire. It didn't fly very well.....to say the least.
We also did some barbecuing....hot dogs and marshmallows...aka heaven. 
This is Mike trying to fly his crafty home made kite.
I love these pictures of the sun setting with Jon flying our kite on the beach. Good memories.

3 comments:

Emily said...

So fun! And i love the sunset pics

Amy said...

I love that last picture! so pretty, you are so lucky to live in a such a beautiful state. I wish we could join you. I need a vacation.

Jeff said...

I am extremely jealous and of course happy for you to be able to fly a kite in the Bay Area.