So Jon and I decided that he would apply for a special scholarship. It's called the National Health Service Corps.......it's super hard to get into.........and HE GOT IT!!!!!!
What this means is that our next two years of dental school will be paid for as well as a stipend that will help with our rent. This of course takes a lot of pressure off me to be the sole provider, although I do still intend to work after the baby.
The whole point of the scholarship is that after Jon graduates, he will work for two years in an under served community. This could be somewhere like an inner city or the boondocks of Nebraska. Either way we are super excited. Jon will be working with/for another dentist and will be able to improve his skills and speed during those two years. And my favorite part is that we don't have to decided where to settle down for a couple more years after school......because we still have no idea where we want to live. Once you pick a place to set up a practise and get clients it isn't very easy to move around when ever you want......which is what we seem to do.
So anyway good job Jon! I am so proud of you and the hard work you do. And of course a special thanks to my sister Rachel who is always there to support us with essay questions and revisions!
4 comments:
Wow! That is such amazing news! Congratulations.
So glad for you and so happy for Jon!
Boo-ya! That's really cool. Although I hope it magically brings you guys back to Utah.
Yeah I consider my neighborhood "inner-city" so you should move here. That would be RADICAL.
AND, yeah to jon, what an amazing accomplishment, and I am glad the pressure is off, that will be nice. I think you will be surprised how much you will hate work at first, but it will be nice to get out. It's just really hard to be a part from your babies even for a couple hours. Its hard
Post a Comment