Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanksgiving

This was from the second half of our trip to Utah. I had left my water bottle in the car and it was frozen solid.
This is how disgusting our car got from all the salt and dirt on the road. Of course this was one of our many stops in attempt to defreeze our windshield wiper fluid. Poor Jon and Jimmy made a bazillion trips in and out of the gas station store getting hot water to pour over it.
Once in Utah safe and sound we had a blast. At one point we went to visit Jon's family and we brought Zoe because she loves Grandma and Grandpa Browning and oh man do they love  her......not to mention all the toys they have. At one point everybody was watching a basketball game and Zoe snuggled right up to Jon and watched the game while eating popcorn for a good 30 minutes.
My dad showing off his amazing piano playing skills.....with gloves on.
This is always one of the highlights of my trips home. When my Dad makes ebelskivers! We had them for dinner....DELICIOUS!

One of the days Jon was still attempting to fix the windshield fiasco and dropped a lid down in the engine. Jon and my Grandpa were out there for a good 30 min trying to get it out.....that is until I came out and got in a couple of seconds. It was good feeling useful...because I haven't been much lately.
Once again we are nerd.........and I am officially blaming Jon for all our matching days. I've been paying closer attention and he defiantly does it after I am already dressed.....silly guy.
One of the lovely things about having in-laws that are friends is.....almost every year since we have been married we've had Thanksgiving all together. This is a total bonus since that way we don't have to trade off. The Brownings and some of my cousins came over for Thanksgiving dinner this year.
It was so rad to have so many people that we loved all right there. Eating delicious food.
This is the first year we have had turkey for Thanksgiving. My Mom after all these years has decided to eat meat. It was a little weird to me though....not so used to that.
Zoe and Mom preparing the food.
Dad running around preparing food also.
I guess I didn't get any pictures of us all sitting around the tables, but it was awesome. After some people left we played an awesome game of Nertz. I was so worn out by then I zonked on the couch while Jon, Dad, and Jesse did magic tricks.
It's funny how into them they get.
Four generations of Quebbemans.
Grandpa, Mom, Rachel, and little Nico.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Thanks for all of the great pictures Diana!!!! It was such a fun Thanksgiving.

Amy said...

That is definitely one of the things I love about your family, they are so so so welcoming of others and EVERYONE is family. I love that and always feel like I am home when I am at your house.