Opal Mae Browning was born on 1/11/11 at 9:07 pm at 6lbs 14oz and 18".
This is Danielle the L&D nurse that helped deliver. She was great.
I'll get to this story later, but Opal had to go to the Newborn Intensive Care Unit for the first 24 hours for some breathing difficulty.
Liesel our Doula and good friend who helped us through the whole thing.
Wow, no pretty post birth picture here. I was TIRED! What a workout! I felt how I looked. Poor Opal's purple hands. They kept on reassuring me they were normal.
I got to hold her for a bit before they took her away to listen to her lungs and do her apgars.
Her she is in the NICU all wired up. Really sad. Like I said I'll give more of the story later when I have more time.
Jon changing Opal's diaper for the first time.
What a cute dad and daughter!
The flat tire we got on the way to the hospital.
Exhausted!
Home snuggled up.
Opal loves to be swaddled TIGHT! We learned that one quickly.
Obviously these are out of order, but this is her coming home from the hospital picture.
Hope that will tide everybody over for a bit, until I have time to do a real post.












15 comments:
Wowowowow!!! So beautiful! Congratulations!
A great post! Thanks D-I know you didn't even have a minutes to do this so I am impressed. I hadn't see the ones at the hospital before!
Congratulations Diana and Jon!
She is BEAUTIFUL!!!
SO SO exciting~
Congratulations!!
She is beautiful!!! Congratulations. I love that first picture with the doctor holding her and she's looking at him like, "What?!" hehe! So cute!!! I hope you're feeling good and recovering well.
This was for me huh? haha just kidding but I kind of decided you hadn't even had her because I just really only had that one picture.
Look at all that HAIR! I imagined her hair to be blond and curly haha funny.
I can't wait to hear the whole story one of these days!
Congrats! She is beautiful. And her hair is amazing!! Wow! What a cool birthdate 1/11/11!!!!
That sucks about the flat tire. Looking forward to hearing the whole story!
she's beautiful! i have a little something for her, but lily has been sick so we've stayed away! maybe we'll come by towards the end of this week :) i'll call you!
Congratulations! She looks a lot like Zoe. That's a good thing.
Congrats! She's beautiful! Looking forward to reading the full story (so could you hurry up, please?). :)
Her little feet looked sooooo pathetic! :(
Congrats! I can't believe you got a flat tire--that's so awful! I would be so stressed out. I want to hear more about these purple hands--why is that normal?! And I am so jealous of her birthdate!!! That is the coolest birthday ever.
Goodness gracious she is just so adorable! I can't believe all that dark hair!
I'm so glad you posted some pictures keep them coming!
Hope all is well and you are recovering. Love you!
Brutal about the tire!!!
Opal is beautiful - Congrats!
Congrats Dina!! What a sweet girl, she is beautiful! I hope you are loving mommyhood by now and you are both recovering well. Can't wait to hear more details!
Post a Comment