This pin cushion was one of the first sewing projects I ever did. It's a bit flawed in that it is too shallow to cover the bottom of the pins. Last night I was trying to finish a sewing project and was very distracted with Opal. Half of the time I was trying to nurse her and sew at the same time........doesn't work very well. My sewing tools were scattered all over the place.
I finally gave up because Opal wouldn't let me put her down. We went into the bedroom and I was trying to calm her down to get ready for bed when Jon screamed/yelled. My first thought was that I had left a stray pin on the ground. I got up to see if he was still alive and low and behold he had my whole pin cushion shoved into his foot. I guess he had already tried to pull it out a couple of times, but it was in there real good like. So then I told him I was going to pull it out fast like a bandaid. I pulled super hard and quick and it wouldn't come out. That was a sickening feeling....for us both I'm sure. I had put Opal down at this point and she had started crying. Jon after three attempts of gibberish said very slowly take care of our daughter and I'll get this out. So I picked her up to comfort her as we watched Jon slowly pull the pin cushion out. I swear he was pulling for a good ten seconds. Instantly blood was running out....well once he took his sock off. I felt sooooo bad....I still do. Sorry honey!
3 comments:
oh man! yeah sewing and babies is quite tricky for sure, I used to put a boppy on my lap and let Axel sleep across my lap. Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't.
OUCH! That sounds horrible painful for sure. One time I closed the door on Kory's finger and felt sooo bad.
I said 'ohhhh'' out loud twice while reading this. Horrible! so sorry Jon.
just tell me you didn't laugh at all D!
Post a Comment