Opal's first night in her crib...in her own room! I was a total stress case. Jon is bound and determined to get this little girl sleeping on her own. I am too, but am far weaker than he is. When she is in there I sit and look at the monitor the whole time unable to fall asleep. When she sleeps next to me I hear her every breath and move, but am still mostly asleep. With her in the next room I'm afraid I won't hear her........and so end up staring at said monitor the whole time.
2 comments:
it will get easier! if she needs you, she'll holler! i used to be the deepest sleeper, but with motherhood comes a built-in mom radar that will wake you up out of the deepest sleep for even the tiniest of noises coming from her room :)
Yes-I agree with Jana-you WILL wake up if she needs you. The first little while it will continue to be hard to sleep but you'll get used to it! I know-disconnecting in any way is hard after giving birth. The whole growing up process is incremental steps away from the womb until they are completely on their own!
Post a Comment