Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Two month shots

 Right before we left for Utah Opal got her shots. It was so sad! She got two needles in her left leg and one in her right. She also received an oral vaccine, but she loves eating medicine so that was to big deal. When they poked her the first time she was just stunned and then the second and third she did that silent, I'm gonna scream when I can take a breath, look. It really gave me a pit in my stomach. I nursed her literally the second the last shot was done......had it out and waiting. She seemed instantly comforted, which made me feel better. We could tell thought that the next few days her legs were sore. Poor girl.

3 comments:

Susie said...

poor little baby-glad you comfort her!

Amy said...

ewww! I hate shots, I am glad we are done with Axel's until he is 5! But wait we have to start all over in 4 months, sigh...

Jana said...

lily's shots still make me cry. we've graduated from nursing after shots to fruit snacks. works just as well :)