Saturday, May 28, 2011

Danville Half Marathon

 Jon and I ran a half marathon today in Danville. It's the first half marathon he has run and he did so amazing! I convinced my friend Jana to run and she also kicked my butt! 
 Here we all are starting out....I did the rookie mistake and started out way to fast and by mile six I was regretting it. It's so hard though to hang back with all the adrenaline and nerves.  
 Our wonderful friends Ben and Anisha came with us to the race which was early and about an hour away. They watched Opal while we ran. Luckily there was a nice path that they took a walk on an a farmers market close by that they passed the time at. I'm pretty sure Opal thinks Anisha is her second mom.
 The race was an out and back so Jon and I got to see each other around mile 5 for me and mile 7 for him. I yelled, "Hi honey! Good job!" There were two guys running in front of him and they both smiled and waved thinking I was talking to them.
 Running 13.1 miles is HARD! I could barley stand up straight let alone run towards the end. I remember hitting mile 10 and thinking...."you've got to be kidding me I can't do three more!" 
 So my time was around two hours and sixteen minutes....we haven't gotten our official times yet. I didn't  make my goal which was to beat my San Jose half marathon time: 2:09. But hey, I finished......and I wasn't the last one to do so which was my second goal! Jon finished around one hour and forty minutes........he is so fast! He was like the third or fourth guy to come in.....good job buddy!
I missed my girl after that long run....can't say she really missed me though. So after doing this run Jon and are wondering if are we going to be physically able to do the San Francisco marathon in July. I can't imagine running two of what we ran today....seems impossible. I guess we'll see. 

9 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! Congrats to you both! I am definitely not in that good of shape post-baby. You are AWESOME.

Lisa and Mark said...

that's sarah batmale in your top picture! (sister batmale's daughter.)

Susie said...

wow-good job for 4 months after having your first child! You are amazing D-you too Jon!

B&K said...

Way to go Diana! And you look fabulous!!

Jana said...

you're amazing. i got home after the run and couldn't stop talking about how awesome you were and how i couldn't believe you just had opal 4 months ago - i was DEFINITELY not in any shape to running 4 months afterwards, let alone months of training beforehand. you go girl. thanks for encouraging me to do it!

Ashley said...

That's awesome D!! I'm impressed. And dang, what a hot momma Opal has!

Amy said...

No freaking way did you guys do that! D you look fantastic too! I am jealous of your arms in that last picture. way to go to both of you!

Jeff said...

You never cease to amaze me, D.

Whitney said...

Amazing. And I was thinking the same thing as Lisa...that's Sarah Batmale!