Saturday, September 24, 2011

Kite Hill

 Since moving to San Francisco we have enjoyed many kite flying days....but this one was by far the best!
 We went to kite hill that's about five minutes away from our house and it was so windy it almost blew me down the hill! I'm not even exaggerating.....perfect for kite flying.
 All we had to do was let go of the kite and it was up in the air. I let it out all the way to the end of the string.
 I had to sit down to real it back in and my hands were sore the next day.
 Here is Opal and Jon helping put the kite away.
 I crocheted this little hat/cap/bonnet for Opal and I think she looks pretty dang cute in it with her gigantic cheeks.
Man I love those those two!

3 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

yes, you need to have one ready for when she grows out of this one. i like it a lot!

Our Little Family said...

She does look cute in the hat!!! and I'm jealous..I've never flown a kite before!

Amy said...

She is such a doll! you look great too! I am jealous of your kite flying, I don't think we have done that yet with Axel. Maybe next march :)