Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Opal's 1st Birthday

Opal's first birthday! I can't believe she is already one......here are all the pictures I've been promising to post.
 Opal's first book was The Very Hungry Caterpillar....so that's what the theme was of her party. These are the invites I made. They really shouldn't have taken as long as then did, but little O wasn't feeling well and wanted to be held the whole time. Ever tried cutting out little tiny circles with a one year old on your lap?.......not recommended. 
 This is the caterpillar I put together of Opal with a picture of her every month.
 This is her cake....copied it off pinterest.....well really her whole party.
 I'm pretty proud of my handy work. That's the first time I've ever done icing.
 Thanks Lisa for all your last minute help in cutting stuff out.



 These were the party favors....some caterpillar food. 


 Watching Opal open her presents.
 ...she had a lot of help....she isn't very good at it yet by herself.
 This is her book that we had everyone sign to remember the special day.


 Her birthday hat I crocheted.
 The food.










 Opal was helping a lot....

The Birthday girl






 I love it. The second Finn cam in he went straight for the cupcakes and dove in....glad to know they were good.





 Opal's first cake.



 She went straight for the eyeballs.






Obviously all these pictures are out of order, but I worked last night and haven't slept all day and don't feel like spending the time to fix it. 

10 comments:

Rachel Mae said...

Wow--it turned out SO cute. I love it! Wish we could have been there. Happy birthday, Opal! (Also, looks like you're figuring out your lens!)

Susie said...

Oh wow-so very darling. I cannot believe the details. All so cute. And the crocheted hat!!!! of course!!! I am glad I didn't know you and Rachel back when I was putting on birthday parties for you....wait....and her. ......:) We love Opal and her mommy and daddy.

Jeff said...

You are so thoughtful, basing it on her first book. Brilliant!

Jana said...

you did SUCH a darling job. WAY better than any pinterest version I've seen. seriously. happy birthday to opal. I'm glad we were able to be there - Lily is still singing happy birthday to Opal.

Rischel said...

SO cute! I wish we could have been there.

Our Little Family said...

Super cute!!

Amy said...

That is so funny cause Ash did Ashdon's very hungry catepillar as well! You guys must think a lot alike! Such a cute idea, and I love all the detail!

Emily said...

I love that you had everyone sign her book... great idea! And the crochet hat is adorable! Love it. Such a cute, fun party. Happy birthday Opal!

Sarah and Scott said...

Wow! Very impressive.

LeRae said...

Happy late 1st birthday Opal! The party looks amazing!!! you did such a great job. I hope I'll be able to meet baby Opal someday.

Vanilla Day