Our friends Jason and Kristine are so good at finding free and cheap fun things to do. The first Wednesday of every month is free for SF residents....I think that's when we went. Correct me if I'm wrong Kristine.

The SF Zoo is so much more lush than the one in SLC. It was really green everywhere with a lot of vegetation.

The gorilla was acting really grumpy. It is so weird how human like they are. From the back when he was walking he just looked like a REALLY hairy guy!
The SF Zoo is so much more lush than the one in SLC. It was really green everywhere with a lot of vegetation.
The gorilla was acting really grumpy. It is so weird how human like they are. From the back when he was walking he just looked like a REALLY hairy guy!
This was the weirdest thing I have ever seen. It's called a Dik-Dik. It was tiny! I think it looks like a cross between a rabbit and a dear.
I always wondered what we would look like if we were giraffes.
When I first saw the koala bears I though they were fake, because they weren't moving at all. They are real though. I guess what they do is sit in one place until they have eaten all the eucalyptus leaves and then they move to a new branch. They basically are really lazy and just eat and sleep.
The kangaroos were awesome. I think this is the first time I have ever seen one before. Their tails are so strong. They use it to balance on.
The most expensive cotton candy I have ever bought. But it was worth it.
The penguins were so fun to watch. We came at a good time while they were being fed. They just swallow the fish whole. Some of them ate three or four of them!
I think this is the ugliest animal I have ever seen!
Everybody had a fun time in the insect part of the zoo. It was kind of creepy and I felt like I had things crawling all over me by the time we left.
4 comments:
You have a great selection of pictures here! The zoo should be paying you for advertising it so nicely!
I think jon should take a ballet class! It took me a while to believe that was his leg by the gorilla. That is so cool, we will have to go when I come out there, I love zoos.
So great to have friends who find cheap stuff to do! It's cool that they get animals that aren't necessarily the best specimans (a one winged eagle) and save them.
Wow! This looks like a lot of fun. I love zoos! I haven't been to one for a long time.
How's school going for Jon? How are things going for you? We hope you guys have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment