Saturday, April 18, 2009

China Camp

I have to take a picture every time I cross the Golden Gate Bridge...or in this case..."Jon. Hurry, take a picture it's so beautiful...no not through the windshield! Stick your head out the window!" For the most part this bridge has very low clouds/fog...this was such a wonderfully blue day!

Me, Jon, Anisha, Ben, and Jon went mountain biking at China Camp. It's north of San Francisco about 30 minutes away from our house. Starting the morning off biking was kind of difficult. We had a lot of bikes, so we had a trunk rack also with a couple of bikes on it. My bike was on the inside closest to the car. As we were driving there was a loud explosion...we couldn't figure out what it was. When we got to the place my bike's front tire, which was apparently sitting next to the exhaust pipe was melted through and exploded. The boys had to go to a bike shop and get me a new tire. It really slowed our morning down a lot. It was kind of funny though, and Jon got me a nice tire with some good tred...so in the end it worked out for the best!



So Jon, Jon and I were waiting at the bottom of a hill for the rest of our group and we saw a TON of little lizards. I think we spent about half and hour trying to catch one....The Jons ended up getting one. It was so cute! I was holding it on my arm and was trying to get it off of me. I don't think it wanted to leave becuase I was wearing black and was so warm. It just chilled on my butt...basking in the sun, for a good amount of time.


The same place we were chasing the lizards there was a dirt jump the Jons were going back and forth playing on it.



Yeah Anisha! So Anisha's bike was really crappy, she was such a trooper though and didn't complain......that much.

I love being outside with Jon!

Have I mentioned that I love where I live lately?


2 comments:

Susie said...

Funny adventure with the tire. I loved riding up Tilden park trail to the top of the hill when we lived there. It was beautiful too. Great pics.

LeRae said...

Diana it is so good to get updated with your life through the blog!
What a treat it was to see all the new post that I've missed... ^ ^
I'm going to be visiting a lot more often from now~~~

p.s you two have such a fun active life style~ I love it!