Thursday, April 2, 2009

Trying Something New

This was my friends dinner at work the other night. I'm gonna be honest here... it freaked me out. She was eating her soup and I looked over and this eyeball was staring up at me! I asked if she usually eats it and she said yes. I thought I would try it....it was all squishy and and then all of a sudden I bit into something hard. I couldn't take it. I had to spit it out. That is the first and last time I will ever eat an eyeball!


I do however like the idea of eating the whole animal if you kill it, but I would rather just not eat it at all.

9 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

that is sooooooooooooooooo nasty.

Emily said...

Wow I'm impressed you even tried it. You are much braver than I am! Was the hard thing the lens? Just gross.

Amy said...

I want to know where all your blogs are about your trip to Utah? That soup did it have an eyeball in it, you sure do know how to make a pregnant ladies stomach upset. Jk!

Sarah and Scott said...

That is so gross!

Susie said...

wooah...intense. What was it an eyeball from? Good for you trying D. I think you have officially lost the 'picky eater' label you had as a kid! I'm afraid I would have spit it out too had I hit something hard.

I agree about eating the whole animal. I guess people who eat hotdogs eat the whole animal because they put all the stuff from the feet and stuff.

Diana Hulme said...

sick. there's no way i would eat a whole animal. sorry. i'm going for the no animal route. really gross, though - the eye.

Jason and Kristine said...

You are a brave women to even try it. Ben and I miss you...we havn't seen you in forever! We're in Sothern CA now, but I'll you when we get back to SF.

Kat Clark said...

Ok so remember how I was all excited to be blogging friends? Well all of that excitment is soon to be wasted if you don't hurry up and post a new photo! Gag! I can't look at it anymore. What are you doing to this pregnant woman?! Yikes! Sorry to complain on your blog but I want to see your beautiful face not part of an animals face.

Ellsworth Family said...

Delicious!!! I cant believe you even put that nasty thing in your mouth!!