View from our plane: this is Italy from above.
When I was little I always wanted to fly through the clouds, I thought it would be so cool. Turns out it's not so cool and it's really bumpy. At least I got a pretty picture.
And here we are in Venice, Italy. I think this was my favorite place on our trip. The weather was hot and amazing and it was totally magical. This is the view from one of the bridges that crosses the Grand Canal.
The water wasn't the clearest I've ever seen, but I was expecting worst. People told us it was going to stink and there would be rats swimming in the water and garbage floating everywhere. Luckily none of that happened while we were there....only the brown water.
Jon was our tour guide on all our little mini trips. He had some books he had brought with him and would take us on adventures. This is his planning face...getting ready to take us on a good one.
I think this was the widest street we ever saw there. It's so weird never seeing any cars....I kinda like it.
We ate dinner at a little Italian place....well duh of course it was Italian....right on the side of water. It was raining, but we wanted to sit outside anyway. We were under an umbrella and it was actually pretty cozy. There was a live band playing romantic music the whole time...she had an amazing voice!
This is our little street where our hotel was. We were right next to the grand canal. There were so many delicious gelato and calzone places on the way to our hotel...I think we got one every time we passed it.
It totally amazes me how the water is just like our roads, in the way that they have garbage boats, taxi boats, public transit boats, and personal boats; However the one thing I noticed is that people just drive where ever they want, there doesn't appear to be strict driving rules.
This was on one of our many walks...a fellow cannon lover offered to take our picture....one of the few on this trip of the both of us together.
That boat big long white boat is the public transportation. Along the streets are stops, like bus stops, and it comes and picks you up and runs on a certain route. The little boat on the right I think is just somebody's personal boat, but the taxi boats look very similar.
This was the coolest thing, for a couple of euros you could ride one of these gondola's across the water...it's called a tragetto (spelling?)....if you don't want to walk all the way over to the next bridge.
1 comment:
all these fabulous places!! can I tell you you look stunning too in all your pictures?
Post a Comment