Thursday, September 17, 2009

Some More of Italy

So...we went on this cool walk through Venice and ended up in this square/courtyard thing with awesome old buildings and churches. Unfortunately, I have a bad memory and can't tell you any names...just pictures I took.



This was on the front of a church....it's gold....oh soo shiny.....could barely peel my eyes off it.

I'm sure I've already said this, but I can't believe how many times we spent money to wait in line this trip. It was worth it though. This bell tower was cool; However, turns out they still ring the bells while you are right underneath it. I couldn't hear for the rest of the day. Oh yeah, and they rang for like ten minutes.

This is a view of Venice from the top of the bell tower that has no name, because I can't remember it.



Another view....




And another one...




Bird's eye view of the square.


(I just realized this pictures are kind of boring....but they are good memories for me.)


Cute husband on top of the bell tower.



Husband and wife on top of the bell tower.





Okay, so next we went to this part of the island called Murano. It is famous for it's glass. They do a lot of glass blowing and sculpting....super rad. This is a bail of hay that is made out of glass.




....And this is a spiky, blue, glass thing... and yes I do match it.




The people in Murano were so nice to tourists. They let us go upstairs in one of the glass shops and watch the guys that were bending the glass and making cool things.




See all those colorful sticks in the middle of the table...those are glass and they heat them up super hot and then bend them into different shapes, or stick them to other colors.




Next we went to the glass museum. This mural thing was in the courtyard of the museum....I love the colors...happy colors.




Some more of the glass sculptures outside of the museum.




A pretty window...




We found this while we were walking around...it was on the side of a window...it's of a guy doing glass blowing.




Okay, so this was my favorite! Look at this awesome glass, colorful, Christmas tree! Wouldn't you love to have that as yours? Well maybe you wouldn't, but I would love it.






Pretty cool...




This was on our way back to our hotel in the water bus thing. And this is Mr. Pigeon that was too tired to fly and so caught a ride with us.




The humans catching a ride...after a very fun day.



No comments: