Thursday, September 17, 2009

My favorite part of Italy

This was the highlight of our Venice trip. Even though it cost a billion dollars, we went on a gondola ride. This was our gondolier.


He didn't sing to us, but turns out the gondoliers go to like four years of college to become what they are. I guess they have to learn a lot of history and stuff. So this guy knew everything. I thought we were just going to paddle around in the boat, but it was also a totally awesome tour as well.




Jon enjoying the romantic ride with his super amazing wife.



We went down the coolest little, narrow streets, or canals. I can't believe how skilled these gondoliers are to maneuver around this place!





It was so pretty and serene in the back allies. I love the architecture of these buildings.


It was funny for me to imagine having my back door open up to just water...there isn't even like a step or anything, if you were sleep walking, you would be in big trouble.


The other thing we loved were all the cool little bridges everywhere.



No comments: