This is the Palace Versailles, we took a train for about 45 minutes from our hotel. People told us that Versailles was a really cool place to go to.....Honestly I thought it was kind of boring...but that's just me and I'm not very cultured and so don't appreciate things that most people do. I feel like if I've seen one palace I've seen them all. However, There were some cool things there that I enjoyed....
Jon totally got a kick out of this sign pretending that it was Colbert's (as in the Colbert Report) room.
This is the palace's immaculate garden, you had to pay extra to go through it...so we just viewed it through the window.
I think this is a door that I'm standing in front of. I was kind of obsessed with doors on this trip. Also I am not rocking out to music on my headphones...we got the audio tour.
After Versailles, we took the train back to this museum called Centre Pompidou. Unfortunately it was closed. Fortunately the outside of it was awesome to look at. and there were a ton of people outside it playing music and doing tricks.
This is the next museum we went to called the Musee d' Orsay. It's really cool because it used to be a train station. That's it behind me.
This was our favorite sculpture thing there. this was one side of it. It's kind of hard to tell what's going on in just a picture, but we loved how the alligator comes off the main part of it.
These were the coolest sculptures. I don't know how in the world they did it, but somehow they sculpted the marble stone over the cast bronze, like real clothes.
2 comments:
I love Jon's Van Gogh face. Perfect immitation! I also think that shot from above really does make it look like a train station. Really cool.
I would love to see Versaille. I studied it in art history. Beautiful doors and beautiful venice. Thanks for posting so many pictures so I could see more of your trip. Are you doing this while in New York?
Post a Comment