I probably should have done this a lot sooner, but now is better than never right? So as most of you know when Jon and I moved to SF it took me about 5 months to find a job. I never in my life thought I would be so hard to get a job as an RN! It turns out that when you are fresh out of school with only a couple months of experience, it's hard to find a job....especially when there are budget cuts! After months of searching and applying to a bazillion jobs I got a job as a school nurse in the mission. This was probably the least desirable job I have ever had. It was hardly any interaction with the kids, I mostly sat at a desk and did paperwork.....and if you know me, you know that's not my kind of job. Jon came to pick me up from work one day...it was in a kind of scary part of town....and said, "D, lets just stop by SF General and see if they have any positions open." I'm sure I rolled my eyes and said something like, "I already put an application in there and have called a bunch of times. If they had a position open they would have called me already." Anyway Jon being mr. optimistic encouraged me to try anyway. I walked into the HR and asked if they had any RN positions open. The secretary took me to the hiring manager for nurses and right away she offered my an interview for the next day. At the interview she offered me a job! I almost hugged her right there. I couldn't believe it. So that is the story of how I am finally employed and have been able to widdle away some of the debt we are aquiring while Jon is in dental school and we are living in San Francisco.
This is the front of the building. I work in the tower to the right.
1 comment:
YAY! I am so glad you were able to get a great job that you love! I know you are probably an awesome nurse!
Post a Comment