Have I mentioned that I have the coolest husband ever? I've been very busy/stressed with getting baby and Christmas stuff ready. I had decided to sew a crib skirt and bumper because I couldn't find any that I liked. Finishing them has been on my to do list for a looooong time. The other Friday night, I was headed off to work and Jon told me not to worry he would sew the crib skirt for me so I'd have one less thing to worry about. I came home the next morning and he had finished it....and it's perfect! How rad is that! I'm so lucky to have such a great man/seamster in my life. I'll post some pictures of the final product once I'm done with the bumpers.
I forgot to mention the other cute thing he did. Jon had to go to a conference for his scholarship in Alabama last week. I woke up from my Sunday nap to the most delicious smell. He was cooking his Mom's white bean chilli! Oh man it was delicious. He made a huge pot of it, which I thought was kind of weird since obviously there are only two of us. Then he went on to explaine that he made extra so I would have a ready made meal I just needed to warm up while he was gone. How thoughtful is that! I think he got that from his Mom who makes his Dad meals and freezes them before she goes out of town, so he doesn't just eat pbj's and cereal...........which is probably what I would have done had Jon not made said chilli.
I forgot to mention the other cute thing he did. Jon had to go to a conference for his scholarship in Alabama last week. I woke up from my Sunday nap to the most delicious smell. He was cooking his Mom's white bean chilli! Oh man it was delicious. He made a huge pot of it, which I thought was kind of weird since obviously there are only two of us. Then he went on to explaine that he made extra so I would have a ready made meal I just needed to warm up while he was gone. How thoughtful is that! I think he got that from his Mom who makes his Dad meals and freezes them before she goes out of town, so he doesn't just eat pbj's and cereal...........which is probably what I would have done had Jon not made said chilli.
5 comments:
Wow! So thoughtful. I'm excited to see pics when you are done with the project!
that is awesome. i love it when guys aren't too cocky to do womanly stuff. we missed you last night!
what a husband! cooking and sewing - he needs to teach joe a thing or two! can't wait to see the baby bedding!
good thing you aren't have a boy D. I just read on someone's FB post that San Francisco is trying to get a law passed where it would be illegal to circumcise a boy.
I would Kill Kory if he finished Axel's stuff for me :)
Post a Comment